Last updated: 2019-03-19
Your use of the Service (as defined below) constitutes your consent to this Agreement.
mobile applications and other online services (collectively, the “Dibs Service”) or when you otherwise interact with us.
in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification).
you can help protect your privacy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us.
Dibs collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update the details of your account, post information in order to sell any items through the Dibs Service, enroll in any third-party operated payment processing services offered in connection with the Dibs Service, communicate with other users, provide reviews or other comments, purchase any services from Dibs, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, Dibs account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, photographs, written descriptions of your posted goods, any bids you make on offers through the Dibs Service, any reviews or comments you make using the Dibs Service, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the Dibs Service, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Dibs Service.
When you access or use the Dibs Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Dibs Service, including the type of browser you use and access times.
Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this
information when you access or use the DibsService, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device.
For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include
sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to
improve the Dibs Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the Dibs Service are popular and count visits.
We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”).
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Dibs Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits,
understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information from Third Parties.
Dibs may, from time to time, obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the
For example, if you link your Dibs account to a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name,
account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
We may also receive transaction information from a payments provider such as Stripe Inc. when you purchase or sell a good using the
Dibs payment solution, including the date and time of sale and the amount of the sale.
Use of Information.
General Uses. Dibs uses information about you for various purposes, including:
- Enable you to access and use the Dibs Service, to personalize the Dibs Service, and to optimize the type of offers presented to you
when you use the Dibs Service;
- Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Dibs Service, including through detection and prevention of fraud,
unauthorized access, intrusion, and service interruption;
- Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support service;
- Enable any identification programs we may institute and in which you elect or are required to participate,
such as verifying your identity, and or conduct checks.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Dibs Service, our business, and our users’ experience;
- Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Dibs Service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Dibs and others,
and provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users,
and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Dibs is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law.
By accessing or using the Dibs Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer
of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Sharing of Information.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
(including, without limitation, with third-party service providers that may use the information we share to help us and other companies
detect inaccurate personal information and prevent fraudulent transactions);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law,
regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies,
or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Dibs or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion
of our business to another company;
- Between and among Dibs, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Dibs Service that the information you provide will
be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features.
The Dibs Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button),
which let you share actions you take on the Dibs Service with other media, and vice versa.
The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish
with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features,
please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others:
We may allow others to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services.
and other websites and online services, including your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and
conversion information. This information may be used by Dibs and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the
popularity of certain content, and content targeted to your interests on the Dibs Service and other websites and online services.
We do not serve advertisements directly on the Dibs Service.
Your mobile device operating system may also include a feature that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps
used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Dibs takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access,
disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging in to your account.
If you would like to cancel your Dibs account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation,
but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
For example, any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Dibs Service
in association with your account name even after your Dibs account is canceled.
We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first download or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information or first use any features that
use location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information.
If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information
at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile
applications form your device.
Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise location information from your mobile device or platform,
we may use your IP address to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the Dibs Services,
such as the Dibs payments solution.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to r
emove or reject browser cookies.Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality
of the Dibs Service.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, and other communications from Dibs by following the instructions
in those emails, text messages or other communications or by logging on to your Dibs account and going to Settings.
Questions and Comments.